Sunday, July 1, 2018

Drag...A real perspective...From ME!!!

Greetings and salutations to all of you!!


Welcome back to my blog! I don't get a chance to blog as much as I would like but here goes....

Well since I gave up my title it has been its slow motion lately. Which I am okay with because in the crazy world called drag anything can happen! Would I like to be booked more...ABSOLUTELY! 
So its been an interesting ride for me and so much happened in my life in 2017 that I didn't realize how freaking busy I really was until I slowed down.

I will have to admit that after I stepped down from American National Star I felt a ton of pressure to get right into the pageant swing of things. I was receiving emails, direct messages, phone calls, and so much more and it really got to me. Pageants are super expensive and to those that can do it every month or every weekend..(MY HAT IS OFF TO YOU!)
Everyone wants to do pageants and win the crown but no one wants to do the work in to truly reign. I see how people will do a pageant one weekend but the next month the phone is off, lights off, no food, and barely a place to stay. After seeing all of this I made myself a promise that would NOT be me!

Because of that...I have made the decision not to compete for any pageant this year! I want to be able to afford everything on my own without no assistance. And if i was to have a benefit it would be extra not the majority of my package! Yes, I have been scouting some pageant systems ..if the financing is right you might see me! ( So step your pussy game up...I might be coming!!!) The key word is MIGHT...lmao

What I have learned about this thing called drag is...ITS SO DIFFERENT! You do shows, benefits, and stand up for things you believe in and stand firm in. And when people take things out of context you get a huge target on your back and before you know it....You cannot book nothing!

Its interesting that one minute your in...the next minute your out!

People have things to say about you and you even mess with that like that! I used to wonder why people have things to say about me and what I am doing. So glad I got over that mess! So glad I grew up!

But I am so grateful that I have a strong team and a very outspoken mommie that keeps me in check. I would have fallen for the bull sugar if it was not for her guidance and her hand on my career! I have learned it is okay not to retaliate back when things are said.

If its not affecting the bag...I am good! 

Wishing all my haters blessings and pray you find God and fix your issues!

If I could give any new entertainers it would be...Be build ford tough because the world will chew you up and spit you out. Do not drink on your show nights,keep your money near you at all time or find somewhere to hide it ( everybody is not honest!), cherish the real friends and relationship dearly!

It happens to each performer differently so I can only speak for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment