Saturday, July 7, 2018

Stages of loneliness...Which one are you?

In life we do not realize that as we get older, our kids grow up, and we work hard each day that many things change. That includes our feelings about certain topics and relationship with people we encounter everyday.

I find myself at age 38 feeling alone, being alone, and just being plain lonely these days and sometimes I do not understand it all. At this time I am blessed with a job, a college child, and someone who loves me yet I feel a little more empty each day. Who am I? Why did I waste so many years putting others need above my own? Do people look at me as a complete failure? What do I do now?

So many questions and so little answers at this time!

What gets me is many women feel the way I do but is so scared to open up and say it. It has become a stigma to be open and transparent in our lives, social media, and with the people who "allegedly" care about you. When you express yourself people call it being weak and folks will prey on you being vulnerability. Or someone will use your honesty against you to chastise how you feel. To eradicate the notion that you are just expressing your uniquely beautiful self you have to hold everything in and pray that they will leave you alone and move on. Many women go through this but is too scared to open up. I am not one of those women!

Let's face facts!!!
I am always in someones conversation even when I am not in the room or even more so on the property. I am extremely transparent because I have spend too many years being quiet and holding all my emotions in. Many tell me that this will be used against me in future endeavors and sometimes I wish they would so I can continue to share and speak up for those who is too scared to do so.

For me, if I touch and inspire one person a day to be real in all facets then my daily job is done. What I am learning that the only acceptance I need is God! I have spent too many years caring about how people see me!
Yes I am broken! Yes I am not perfect in any capacity! Yes I need work! But who doesn't?

I get tired of seeing people live like they have it all but one jump away from snapping. Who wants to live their life that way so others wont know...( Not this one!) Please remove the veil of ignorance!
In this thing we call life we are craving authenticity and realness!We have been taught that being fake and phony is the new norm! It is shown in reality television, social media, magazines, and so many other places the new generation think this is the way to go. No one wants to work hard, keep God as a continuous fixture in the home, let things happen when it is meant for you, and just rush the process.

Lets break that wall down!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment